There are 6 rules to controlling objects:
- You control anything you own.
- Anything you own that has its INHERIT flag set controls anything you own (including you).
- Anything you own that does not have its INHERIT flag set only controls other things that you own that do not have their INHERIT flag set and do not control you, unless YOU have your inherit flag set.
- A wizard controls everything.
- Anybody controls an unlinked exit, even if it is locked.
- The object is in a part of a zone tree that you control.
Builders should beware of 5, lest their exits be linked or stolen.
Most of the commands for altering the database and many commands and functions that retrieve information only work on objects that you control.